My baby had his first day of MDO yesterday. I was going to post about it on Wednesday, the night before his big day, but I was doing so good and was afraid if I started writing about it, I would burst into tears. So, no preMDO post from me.
Turns out, I did great! Didn't cry one time, and even needed just a little more time during the day to get everything done (I have a feeling it may be like this every week). I had a lot of stuff to take back yesterday and it was so nice to not have to get him out of his seat and take him in every store, just for a quick return.
Anyway, Colt was so excited about going to school, granted he had no idea what was going on, still, we talked it up big time at our house! We had a special First Day of School breakfast...

Got his bag and lunch sack all ready to go...

Then, of course, went outside to take a few pictures...
Right now he is really into getting in my drawers and getting out things he thinks he is not supposed to have. Yesterday morning, it was my headbands.


Once we got to school, we met up with Mindie and Claire. Claire's classroom is across the hall from Colten's. She told Colten as they were walking to their rooms where the playground was at and that he would see her out there. "You see me on the playground Co-ten". They were so ready to go to school together.

He did great while he walked in and walked to his classroom. His room is the "Pink Room". He even did fine when I picked him up for some pictures.

But, once I handed his bag over the door, he knew he would be following and immeidately broke down. We passed him over anyway, then turned and walked away. :) Don't worry, I'm not that heartless. I stood outside the door (where he could not see me) for a while to make sure he calmed down. I even stuck my camera (without me looking into it) around the corner to see if I could snap a picture of what he was doing...

Seriously, that's the picture I got. Ms. Jill was holding him while he was crying. At least he wasn't screaming like some of the other kids in his class.
Anyway, he survived his first day of MDO! They said he had a lot of fun and did not cry, at least until we came to pick him up. Once he saw us, he started bawling all over again. He's such a funny kid! They sent him home with a report card...His very first report card ever!!!

Then, when he got up this morning, he had a special first day of school present waiting for him!


I'm really glad that we decided to put him in a MDO program. I think it will be so very good for his socialization and attachment issues! We are really looking forward to going back next Thursday!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment